Let’s be real. Signing up as a Beachbody Coach and becoming a Beachbody Coach are 2 totally different things. If you’re already a customer of Beachbody or plan on becoming a customer, “signing up” as a Coach is a no-brainer. Heck, you get a 25% discount off all our products, you can cancel anytime, and you have no obligation to “coach” anyone.
“Becoming” a coach, on the other hand, is a whole different ball game. Becoming a coach means that you are ready to start working this as a business.
I feel like I have a strong idea on what it takes (and doesn’t take) to be a rock star Beachbody Coach. I’m a 10 Star Diamond Coach, member of the Millionaire Club, 3x Elite Coach, with 25+ 5 Star diamonds on the team, and over 25,000 coaches on team.
So if you came to me and asked, “What is the best formula to become a successful Beachbody Coach,” here’s what I’d tell you.
And actually, I’d start with the things you don’t need to become a successful Beachbody Coach.
Things Successful Beachbody Coaches Don’t Need
- Be a fitness expert
- Be a business expert
- Be in the best shape of your life
- Have a certain work history or background
- Have a ton of hours to commit (You can start by putting in as little as 5 hours a week!)
The “Magic Mix” of Successful Beachbody Coaches
- Desire to help others
- Desire to travel (for FUN! There’s no required travel to work this business!)
- Enjoys free trips
- Searching for a like-minded community
- Is coachable
- Desire your own personal accountability for fitness, health, wellness
- Wants to earn extra income
- Is self-motivated
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit (or wants to grow one!)
- Is someone who wants to earn additional part-time income or has an ultimate goal of coaching full-time
- Feels sick and tired of being sick and tired, and ready for a change
- Has always known that you are meant to be doing more
- Is a dreamer
- Is ready for a positive change in your life
- Feels like you don’t have the money to get started Coaching (You need Coaching the most 🙂 )
- Unsure if you can do it (You can. You just need the right mentor to show you how.)
- Desires the freedom of time (The #1 commodity in life)
- Wanta to start earning passive income
- Wants to avoid any “get rich quick” scheme. Beachbody Coaching is a “get wealthy over time with a lot of work and growth” business.*
- Owns a smartphone (It’s the only thing needed!)
* Team Beachbody® does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Team Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings for the most recent information on the actual incomes of all our Coaches.
So now that we know the Musts and the Not Neededs for successful Beachbody Coaching, let’s take a quick look at the type of people who make for the best Beachbody Coaches.
People Who Make the Best Beachbody Coaches
There really is no absolute formula that will always guarantee success, but if I was to narrow down the traits that all successful coaches have, I’d say:
- Are coachable
- Are committed to growing as a person
- Are either feeling inspired or desperate in their current situation (This is typically how the motivation comes)
- Are action-oriented
- Ready to go “All In!”
Do you identify with much of what I discussed above? Do you have even more questions (or feeling even more inspired) after learning more about what it takes to rock the Beachbody Coaching world? I’d love a chance to connect with you further. If you’d take a minute to complete the short form below, I’ll reach out to you soon to schedule a call so we can chat. You can ask me any and all questions you have about Beachbody Coaching and what day-to-day life is all about as a Coach.